|Saturday, 21st August||Mass at 6.00 p.m.|
|Sunday, 29th August||Mass at 9.30 a.m.|
Note *** Masses for Tynock & Talbotstown rotate weekly, check times on the Newsletter or Focus.
Date of Church: 1829
Building Pastor: Fr. Patrick Moore P.P.
TYNOCK (TIG AN CNOIC; HOUSE OF THE HILL).
The Hill in question has a spectacular view of the Wicklow Mountains. The church is built of local granite. Prior to this church, the area was served by a chapel in Tinneclash. The pre-1829 church became a school house.
Nearby is the village of Kiltegan (deriving from St. Tegan, a companion of St. Fiacc of Clonmore). His church has disappeared.
The choir gallery was removed and the altar moved forward in recent times. The old parochial house and oratory at Kiltegan were sold in 1982 and a new bungalow and oratory (St. Tegan’s) were constructed.